7.17.2008

SNAKES

This is one of the things I think God could have done without. And i now think they should be extinct. Well any poisonous, body crushing types...

I just thought I would share this with you all....as some of you know...I am DEATHLY terrified of snakes...ans spiders! Almost to the point I want to throw up just thinking about them....literally! I was recently told that in the event you get bit, you must find the snake and bring it to the doctor so they can give you the right anti venom! WHAT! WHAT! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What scares me even more is if my child got bit and I didnt know it was a snake and then you have to go find it! WHAT! Okay - so maybe I am over reacting. But the possibility is still here as long as I live here. If I ever live in the country side believe me you, Our "yard" will have NO vegetation or at least very little on it. AND it will have a large stone wall around it!

I have yet to research spiders...but the more I learn the more scared I get, so maybe being nieve is good?? I dont know. But I like Michigan b/c it has nothing to fear.

Here is a statement I read on a blog:

"Still, caution is always the watchword. Never reach into holes or under rocks, debris, or forest-floor leaf litter without first checking with a stick to see what might be quietly slumbering there. And remember that many snakes are well-camouflaged arboreal creatures which snooze on branches, so never reach for a branch without looking. You should even be cautious when peering inside bromeliads: the dark-colored chunk-headed snake likes to doze inside the moisture-collecting plants during the dry season." ecointeractive.wordpress.com

And a lovely video if you dare watch it!

No comments: