10.11.2009

Oh How I Love You!

I am sucking up as much info as I can these days! I cant seem to get enough of it - I've joined forums, social photography groups, contacted photographers near me (some not so near), I've ordered books, printed FAQ on blogs and highlighted all the info I wanted to learn! I'm like a sponge! But I am SO EXCITED!

I was so mixed with what I wanted to do - move here, move there...this way, that way. Sell this, new job. AGH! I just wanted to scream. I began to feel I was losing who I was and what I wanted. I was becoming Aaron's wife and Cohen and Landen's mom. Which I LOVE, but I want to be Kari too. I needed something that was mine - something I could focus on and be passionate about. Something I could define who I am through.

Photography was my hobby - mainly I kept it a hobby because I was scared. Scared of failing, scared I wouldn't be good enough, scared people wouldn't like my work, scared to be me! I said "Oh if I just keep this a hobby - then no one will criticize me." But - I LOVE photography. I love the way it makes me feel when I get to a shoot - this rush of excitement for what I would create next! The progress I would make each time I shot. I would come home from a shoot and say "Wow..I just went to work, and it didn't feel like work at all! I LOVE my job!" Thats what I want. :)

I have so much to learn, and always will. And I have some distractions and obstacles to overcome (can we say kids?). But I am committed to this passion and dream of mine - with much enthusiasm! So get ready! Here I come!!

And whats a post without a photo? Here are a couple of my favorite shots of the boys last week. Don't they look so sweet and innocent? Bahahaha!

No comments: