10.17.2009

Moving forward

What a gorgeous day for photos today! And a couple new locations...which were AWESOME!

My first session with the wonderful family of Jared & Becky was a high energy shoot! It was deja vu with their boys...so much energy packed into one little kid - its astounding! I get tired watching, cuz I know exactly what she deals with each day. And what is it with children refusing to look at the camera? Its like they have this secret code of NEVER looking at the chic with the camera...its every session with a kid. If you have tips - please advise...I've tried about everything! We even hauled out the of so fab iphone to play sounds to get the baby to look...which surprising enough was the most helpful tool so far.

Here are a couple photos from Jared and Becky Fam.And then we had Vim & Sarah fam today. The kids energy...in check, Vim's energy...well he makes up for both kids! And it was a riot...they were all into trying different poses, which is wonderful for the photographer, I just snap away as they come up with cool ideas. So if you have a location and you have a pose you want to do - fire away, I am ALL for it!

I did wear my high heel boots up to my knees today...grasses up to my waste, abandoned school house, plus Texas = snake infestation??? I would imagine and I was NOT taking any chances...so I trumped around in high heels just so I could feel safe. It was all mental - but hey, I mentally felt better :)

Here are a few from the session...
If you want to see more from the sessions you can go to my facebook account and just search my name, you may have to friend me to see them though.

So on a side note - I bought a new lens yesterday! 50mm 1.8, GREAT reviews and only $100. How awesome is that. The only thing though...which is freakin me out...you cant zoom in and out with it. 50mm - thats it...and I feel like I am forever away trying to get the shots. Then again - it is a portrait lens. But I'm excited to learn, just gonna take some getting use to. And I found my new camera...so hopefully someday, sooner then later I will be investing in it! Fingers crossed...

No comments: