10.19.2009

WARNING: Park At Own Risk!

This is a warning for family and friends - please no parking at OR near our house. With less then 4 months under our belt here at our home, we have had two crashes, one being a hit and run. Our poor friends come over for a nice dinner and end up dealing with a hit and run...lovely! Then my dad squeezed his "new" truck into our driveway (which fit all the way without sticking out) to ensure he would not get hit...even going the extra mile to remove the hitch, you know...just in case!

Ha - well he has a plane to catch, so he is out the door at 5:45am...he makes his way down the driveway with luggage following right behind. Stops, looks at his truck...says to himself, "hmmm, did I park like that last night? I dont remember. Why would I do that?" proceeds farther down the driveway..this is where the other car is hiding. Out comes a man with note in hand - yes he had walked home got his wife and was about to leave the scene by leaving us only a note...Does his car look drivable? Antifreeze all over the place...

When he hit the truck he managed to DRAG the truck 20 feet, leaving but one tire in our driveway, dang! How fast was he going? And I bet that cigarette was definitely worth bending down for.

Well police came (as I, unfortunately, have to now drive my dad all the way to the airport...which means no more sleep) come to find out...yes story gets more interesting...he works for the DEA with drug enforcement. His car is an unmarked car - cant find anything on ins. or license. Just one more thing to deal with....

Funny side story... Police and State troopers are outside with Aaron, Cohen comes out with two donut holes...which I NEVER buy...ironically enough I did the night before. Cohen proceeds to asks the cops "do you want a donut? There are some inside!" HAHAHAHAHAHA. I thought I was gonna die of laughter when I heard that. They got a good chuckle too I guess. So funny!

Here is a photo of the aftermath...kinda hard to tell in the dark...


Same day: Aaron found this lil sucker in our POOL! WHAT! Look at the size of that baby! Or should I say daddy! I dont understand why God thought this would be a cool insect to create. Personally I could have done without...extinction...I am ALL for! That thing could eat my children! I think I will call the zoo and let them know one of their spiders got loose. Yuck...yes I have arachnophobia, and snake-aphobia (whatever that one is called)

Here is the sucker....

1 comment:

Nena said...

That is insane about your dad's truck!!! Holy COW! I have seen people FLY through your neighborhood though, so I am not surprised!