10.26.2009

Whats in a Name?

This week I was asked several times how I came up with my business name. I really struggled with a name for my company. I wanted it to sound professional, yet unique. I didnt like my name, it just didnt flow the way I wanted it to. Also, having grown up in a home where my father owned his own business - I learned that if you use your own name its really hard to sell it someday if it ever grows large enough. Not that that would be the case for me especially with photography. But non the less I was gonna take all the advice I had learned and go with it.

My first choice (not using my own advice) was Kari Wieringa Photography. Hmmm - didnt like it.

Second choice (which happens to be part of one of my email address unfortunately) Karinga Studios. Which was a blending of Kari and Wieringa smashed together to form Karinga..kinda creative I thought - it flowed better...but I still didnt like it. So I thought some more....

And then it hit me. I LOVE my kids names. Hence why I named them what I named them.

Cohen Zander & Landen Breck.

Now I didnt want it to be associated with them directly, so I used their middle names. I now had Zander & Breck. Flows well I think, and unique that is for sure.

That might have taken way too long to come up with and way too much brain power, but I am happy with it and thats really all that matters. And if I have more kids someday...too bad for them. I wont be renaming my company. Sorry possible future kiddos.

Here is a random photo from back when we lived in Costa Rica, great story that goes along with this photo/trip. Maybe I can blog that one later. Miss Costa Rica SOOOOO MUCH. I can't wait to go back soon...I hope...

No comments: